Huntsville Woman Sues after Claiming She Ate Moldy Candy Bar
A Huntsville woman says in a new lawsuit that she became ill after eating a moldy Mr. Goodbar candy bar that she claims was nine months beyond its expiration date.
Al.com reports that Terrica Brown is suing Walmart and the Hershey Co. Brown says she was working at the a Walmart store on South Memorial Parkway in Huntsville on Feb. 28, 2011, when she ate the candy bar while on a break from her job.
The lawsuit states that Brown did not know the candy bar had an "expiration or sell by" date of May 10, 2010.
The lawsuit was filed this week in Madison County Circuit Court.
Messages sent to Walmart and the Hershey Co. from al.com seeking comment were not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)