Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Talladega

Tools

By Alabama News Network

Sad news out of Talladega as thousands of fans flocked there for the NASCAR races this weekend.

Talladega County authorities say a Tennessee man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning. According to local officials, the man and his wife were found unconscious inside their motor home yesterday.

They had been camping out at the Talladega Super Speedway for the race. Officials believe the couple was using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the exhaust system.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and his wife is still in a Birmingham hospital. Their identities have not been released.



This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Poll

Which Restaurants Would You Most Like to See in Montgomery? (vote for one or more)

  • Benihana
  • California Pizza Kitchen
  • Chuy's
  • J. Alexander's
  • Landry's Seafood
  • P.F. Chang's
  • Romano's Macaroni Grill
  • Ruth's Chris Steak House

What's onFull Schedule

Hot Video From AP

AP Video