Ala. man convicted for 2 rapes at mobile home park
TROY, Ala. (AP) — A Pike County jury has convicted a 36-year-old man of raping two women last year at a mobile home park in Troy.
The Dothan Eagle reports (http://bit.ly/XnpanU ) Andre Lamon Ellis III was convicted Friday afternoon. Jurors found him guilty of two counts of first-degree rape and one count of second-degree burglary.
Prosecutors say Ellis broke into the home of the first victim and raped her before attacking the second woman hours later last March 26. Both women identified Ellis as their assailant.
Defense attorney J. Carlton Taylor says Ellis is innocent and the victims failed to "tell the whole truth" during their court testimony.
Prosecutor Chris Kaminski says Ellis' own testimony was full of "glaring inconsistencies."
Ellis is already serving a 22-year sentence following a property theft conviction last fall.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com