15 treated for carbon monoxide at Ala resort

Tools

HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Officials say 15 people had to be treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a resort near Birmingham.

Hoover Fire Department spokesman Rusty Lowe says the problem occurred Friday at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Gulf Resort and Spa.

Lowe tells WBMA-TV (http://bit.ly/XMBNd9 ) the hotel's fifth and sixth floors were evacuated after rescue units were called to treat guests with flu-like symptoms. The sick include a child who appeared to be disoriented.

Fire investigators suspect a faulty heating system may have caused a carbon monoxide leak in the hotel.

Marriott operates Ross Bridge as part of the Retirement Systems of Alabama's golf trail.



This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Poll

Which Restaurants Would You Most Like to See in Montgomery? (vote for one or more)

  • Benihana
  • California Pizza Kitchen
  • Chuy's
  • J. Alexander's
  • Landry's Seafood
  • P.F. Chang's
  • Romano's Macaroni Grill
  • Ruth's Chris Steak House

What's onFull Schedule

Hot Video From AP

AP Video