2 Families Escape But Lose Everything in Montgomery Apt. Fire
Two families are without a home tonight, after a fire rips through their apartments leaving them with only the clothes on their back.
We spoke with both families who lived in the apartments. They do not have insurance, so they say it will be hard starting over.
Red and blue lights filled the parking lot at the Courtyard at Garden Green Apartment Complex Wednesday night. Flames ripped through two apartments just after 9 p.m.
Rahine White and his family lived in one of them. White was at work when the blaze broke out.
Thankfully, both families walked away with no injuries.
There were a couple other apartments that did receive smoke damage, but no one was living inside of them.
The apartment complex is raising money and collecting clothing, food, toiletries and household goods for both families. If you would like to help them out, call (334) 271-2000.