More Alabama Counties Eligible for Aid After Hurricane Isaac

Tools

By Molly Grady

Alabama's governor says five more counties will be eligible for federal aid aimed at helping communities recover from damage caused by Hurricane Isaac.

 

Gov. Robert Bentley said in a statement Thursday that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved the request.

 

Bentley had sent a letter to FEMA saying the five counties -- Covington, Dallas, Geneva, Monroe and Perry -- suffered $2.5 million in damage.

 

The five counties are now added to the list of counties that were already able to apply for federal public assistance. Baldwin, Mobile and Pickens counties had previously been approved for aid.

 

The public assistance provides for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair or replacement of public facilities and some non-profit facilities damaged by the hurricane.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

CBS 8 News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.



This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Poll

Should Alabama Allow TV Cameras in Courtrooms?

  • Yes
  • No

What's onFull Schedule

Hot Video From AP

AP Video