It's been cooler than most summer days today, but in a case that's gotten national attention- a 22-month-old died in a hot car, after being left inside for seven hours.
While this latest case happened in Georgia, first responders say it's a deadly mistake that can happen anywhere.
Troy first responders say they get about 12 calls a year about unattended children in cars.
A dangerous decision, because your car can get above 120 degrees in less than 20 minutes.
When your body temperature rises above 104 degrees, you can develop heat stroke and your organs can begin to shut down.
Troy Police Lt. Bryan Weed said, "I don't recall ever a call where somebody got out and went to a store and just forgot their child. generally they are in a hurry, i'm just gonna run in and grab this this and this. It just doesn't take long for something bad to happen."
Troy first responders say they respond to more reports of animals being left in cars than children. Either way both are dangerous decisions that could result in misdemeanor to felony charges.